Navigating the home selling process is not an easy one. While it may seem like Realtors simply stick a sign in the dirt and BOOM it's sold, that doesn't come close to the reality of selling a home. Below we've highlighted some research provided by the National Association of Realtors.
Highlights and drawbacks of For Sale By Owner
- Roughly 8% of home sales are For Sale By Owner (FSBO) listings
- The Typical FSBO home sold for $190,000 compared to $249,000 for agent-assisted home sales
- 35% of FSBO listings used a yard sign as their primary method of advertising
- 28% of FSBO listings were not activity marketed
- The most difficult task for FSBO sellers was GETTING THE RIGHT PRICE
On the flip-side, stats and surveys show not only better financial results when using a Realtor to sell your home, but also a much higher satisfaction rate. These are some highlights on how selling with a Realtor is different from selling on your own.
Perks of Listings your Home with a Great Realtor®
- Sell for 30% more on average
- Sell faster due to additional advertising and exposure
- Most sellers would definitely consider the agent that sold their home again
- Have expert guidance with contractual requirements
While not all Realtors® are made the same, at Austin House Company we believe our process will exceed the average benefits of using a Realtor® when you sell, but the truth is in the pudding. There really is no benefit to selling on your own.
If you have questions about listing your home with Austin House Company don't hesitate to reach out to us via email at email@example.com. You can also call our office at (512) 299-3809 or message us on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.