There's so much to do in Austin in the month of December, get out there and enjoy this beautiful town!
Here's a full list of what Austin has to offer this Winter:
- Elgin Christmas Tree Farm | Nov 26 – Dec 18: Take the family out this year to hand pick your Christmas Tree at an actual Tree Farm. In addition to getting a tree, you can enjoy a scenic hayride, animals, crazy maze & playground.
- Texas Hill Country Regional Christmas Lighting Trail (various cities) | Nov 28 – Jan 1: 10 different communities in the Hill Country are participating on the trail this year and have events planned every weekend from Thanksgiving until Christmas. Some of our favorites include the Christmas Walkway of Lights in Marble Falls and Main Street Bethlehem in Burnet.
- North Pole Flyer | Austin Steam Train Association, Cedar Park, TX | Nov 26 – Dec 10: The 2 hour, round trip train ride on the historic Bertram Flyer includes story-time, cookies, and a visit from both Mrs. Claus and Santa Claus!
- Four Seasons Hotel Austin’s Teddy Bear Teas | Four Seasons Hotel Austin | Weekends Nov 26 through Dec 17: Start a new holiday tradition with your children – enjoy a tea service with drinks and sweets, caroling, and a reading by Santa on weekend afternoons. Make sure you bring a teddy bear to donate to the Dell Children’s Hospital.
- Winter Wonderland | Circuit of the Americas | Dec 1 - Dec 30, Fridays & Saturdays: The Circuit’s Grand Plaza and surrounding grounds will be transformed into an immersive experience of lights, music, and fun. A million lights will illuminate fantastic activations, including Santa’s workshop, a petting zoo, a human snow globe, holiday movies on the lawn, a walking light trail, and the world-famous Tunnel of Lights!
- Rock’N Light Holiday Tour & Christmas Towne | Old Settler’s Park, Round Rock | Weekends Dec 14 - Dec 23: Round Rock has an amazing drive-thru light show! Over 2 million lights twinkle along the 1.5 mile path. After the light show, visit Christmas Towne with pony rides, petting zoo, train ride, and more.
- Miracle on 34th Street Radiocast | Penfold Theatre Company | Nov 30 – Dec 23: The players of the fictional KPNF radio station bring this classic tale to life at Round Rock’s Rice Crossing Store, located at Old Settler’s Park. A fun evening for the whole family – check out the Rockn’ Holiday Light Tour & Christmas Town and make a night of it!
- Christmas Family Night | Downtown Round Rock | Dec 1: Celebrate the Christmas lighting of downtown Round Rock and the historic water tower when Santa rides into town on his sleigh. Tiny homes all over down - town feature free crafts, face-painting, puppet shows, and more. Enjoy free refreshments and live entertainment.
- Weihnachtsmarkt, a German Christmas Market | German Free School | Dec 2: The German Texan Heritage Society offers shoppers hand-made imported crafts including plenty of Christmas themed decorations such as nutcrackers and ornaments. With a visit from both the historic American Santa Claus and the traditional German Sankt Nikolas, this is a fun event for the children too.
- Ice Skating on Whole Foods Roof | Whole Foods Downtown | Begins Nov 24: Hit the roof for a unique holiday skating event! Skating on the Plaza takes place on the roof of the Whole Foods Market on South Lamar. Lots of fun for the whole family! Admission includes skate rental.
- The Nutcracker at the Ballet Austin | The Long Center | Dec 8 – 23: The Austin Ballet produces the longest-running production of The Nutcracker in Texas. Celebrating 54 years, we can’t think of a sweeter Christmas performance to take your children to.
- Zilker Trail of Lights | Zilker Park | Nov 26 – Dec 23: One of Austin’s most anticipated events is back this year for an even longer run! Millions of holiday lights and displays line the trail, creating a fun experience for the whole family. Each night will feature performances from local dance companies, bands, and singers. Purchase special “ZIP” passes online to get in a full 45 minutes earlier than everyone else!
- Austin Thinkery Gingerbread House Workshops | Thinkery | December 9 & 24: Come make & decorate your very own gingerbread house and leave the mess somewhere other than your house! These workshops fill up fast, so make your reservation today!
- Armadillo Christmas Bazaar | Palmer Events Center | Dec 14 – 24: Hot music, fine art and cold beer make the Armadillo Christmas Bazaar the place where Austin shops in the giving season. The show is actually two events in one: an art fair and music festival with a vibrant community-driven vibe.
- 37th Annual Georgetown Christmas Stroll | Georgetown, TX | Dec 1 & 2: Downtown Georgetown Square transforms into a Norman Rockwell-picturesque scene with window displays, carolers, yummy goodies and local vendors. Visit the live nativity at the Bethlehem Village, tease the Grinch at the Whoo-Village and Santa makes an appearance at the parade on Saturday.